It’s May, and there is a sense of ACTION in the air. As spring ushers in warmer weather and flowers blossom. Now is the time to look at your dreams and your vision for the year and get into inspired action. The kind of action that is inspired and will move you forward with joy.
To do this, I recommend you create a “Working Plan” that you continually iterate
Checking in with your vision will remind you of the bigger picture, and that always makes it easier to know what steps to take. It will also give you inspiration when you feel like procrastinating or giving up
A working plan is, quite simply, one that works for you — it is a roadmap that can be ever-changing and expanding, and also has elements that always stay the same.
Here are the simple steps.
- Take a look at your vision for this year
- Write down some “whats, hows, and whens” of making your vision a reality at this point in the year – what to do, how and when to do it.
- Then move forward with action steps
- Allow yourself to get messy, scribble things out and put new things in as you gain information along the way
- Make adjustments, and plan the steps to take next
- It could be a weekly habit where you spend a couple of hours focused on your vision and enter into your calendar the steps you will take
- It needs to feel good and right when you imagine it as real
- A working plan that feels good has you feeling vulnerable in a good way, the kind of vulnerability that shows you are doing something very close to your heart
At the same time, stay grounded in real possibilities. Create a plan that is not too far out, but takes you cleanly out of your comfort zone into the vulnerable land of new experiences.
There are times when taking action in business is vulnerable, which makes it easy to postpone despite its importance. One way I have found that makes taking this type of action easier is to create a fun ritual.
When I do this I focus on the joy and the task often is joyous as well.
Here are some suggestions:
- Set aside a luxurious amount of time
- Have treats like a yummy tea or snack handy
- Arrange for a self-care service, like a massage, later in the day
Join my FREE community and get real-time support. There are over 100 coaches in this community ready and willing to support you, hold you accountable, and connect heart to heart.
P.S. I will be there to welcome you!