Curtis Knecht, LMFT, CPCC
I have worked as a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist since 1978. In 2000, I added the skillset of Life & Relationship Coaching to that of psychotherapy.
The integration of these two disciplines has resulted in a creative and powerful approach that achieves the results my clients want. The work we do together is surprisingly effective and even fun.
I've learned a lot about what we call "trouble" in that time. What I love about trouble are the opportunities it offers us:
- To deepen our self-awareness & self-management skills
- To remind us that we are always the co-creators of our lives
- To learn and grow in new & healthy ways
- To accept, have compassion and love ourselves just as we are
- To laugh at our common humanity
- To know the truth so it can set us free
My passion is finding the “sweet spot” of healing that empowers you to choose healthy and fulfilling ways of being.
I'm referring to ways of being that are unique to who you are, what you love doing and how you go about doing whatever it is you love to do.
I use humor, fierce love, self-awareness, homework, accountability and lots of expertise gleaned from a lifetime of experience... to support my clients as they heal, learn & grow.
What I Believe to Be True
I believe everything has meaning... whether we know the meaning or not
I believe in not taking myself too seriously
I believe each of us is creative, resourceful and whole
I believe we're always doing the best we can
I believe that the success or failure of this work depends on what the client is willing to do
I believe in compassion, a sense of humor and truthful conversations
I believe that self-love, laughter & forgiveness are essential elements of a fulfilled life
I believe we are co-creators of much of our suffering
I believe we are co-creators of all of our healing
I believe the world is crying out for each of us to live our unique lives fully expressed
I believe the time and the opportunity to do that... is now
I believe in holding it all lightly & with kindness
The Logistics of the Work I Do
- My sessions are an hour each.
- I may assign "homework" between sessions
- I charge $150 per session payable by cash, check or credit/debit cards.
- I am not an insurance company provider.
- I will, however, fill out super bills that you can submit to your insurance company to satisfy deductibles or possibly receive some out-of-system reimbursement. It depends on your policy.
- I meet with clients in person at offices in Ventura and Ojai
- I do much of my work by phone
- I have a lot of fun doing this work, even during the difficult times